Sunday, August 15, 2010

Inspired by design.

So I thought I'd get a little serious here, a little reflective too. I spent the weekend in Sydney and was reinvigorated in my own design thinking.
ALL of my recreation time is spent in my garden, and my day to day job helps to pay the bills and allows me to live in the house that accommodates my chickens and lets me grow my food on a relatively large scale.
In a couple of weeks I am starting a course at Melbourne Uni that will lead me to do my Masters. In Urban Horticulture. I really believe that we all need to walk with intent, consume less and put thought into what we put into our bodies. Of course I love to garden, but it's so much more than that. I have an urge to impart the knowledge I have and shout it from the rooftops- it feels so good too!
Do you think I should teach people how to grow food better? with beautiful design? organically? in urban spaces? thoughtfully? with multiple purposes? start a business?
*sigh*
I am a little excited and scared and excited.
x x


2 comments:

  1. Go to it Dani!! Whatever you do, you'll do well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I just found your blog via Peta Pledger (she recommended you) and I would LOVE to learn how to grow food/garden better, even though for me it would be just my little herb patch for now. :)

    ReplyDelete